« PETER CHAN'S NEW FLICK: NOW WITH JET LI | Main | TWC: POLICE STORY, NIGHTMARE DETECTIVE, SEVEN SWORDS »

December 07, 2006

JET LI'S UNDERGROUND MANSION

Jet Li has just finished his mansion in Shanghai and is getting ready to move his entire family from the US to Shanghai which is the hometown of his current wife. The mansion is three separate three-storey buildings, coming in at about 15,000 square feet. The buildings are connected underground tunnels. And that is the coolest thing I've heard all day.

The press is calling it the biggest Chinese celebrity mansion in the world. Which means that Jackie Chan will be building an even bigger one next year.

December 7, 2006 at 09:30 AM in News | Permalink

Comments

Jet's family hasn't lived in the States for quite some time. I dunno what that article's talking about.

Underground tunnels? That sounds Michael Jackson strange, and I like Jet. What's up with the tunnels? Will there be golf carts in the tunnels or just a large miniature train to ride from building to building. I only like the tunnel thing if there's a train in there. With lights and whistles. And Jet wears and engineer's cap and says, "All aboard!" in Chinese. :)

Posted by: Screamingmimi | Dec 7, 2006 1:11:37 PM

Access to underground tunnels is a wise move! Good man! :)

Posted by: moviegyrl | Dec 7, 2006 6:51:54 PM

If I could build an underground hideout, I would.

Posted by: Edshugeo The GodMoor | Dec 7, 2006 7:34:15 PM

Practical Use - moving between buildings during bad weather, like rain or typhoon.

Cool Use - Hide from and ambush enemies.

I wonder how many super big training rooms he has in that place. I bet the wife has a monster huge bathroom and kitchen...

Posted by: limubai | Dec 7, 2006 10:31:17 PM

Forget the Golf Cart..mopeds baby! It's the only way to go.

Posted by: Chelle | Dec 8, 2006 9:37:29 AM

What have you got against the train, Chelle? Come on. That would be fun. He could put his kids in that. "Track one, now leaving for the bathroom. Board!".

I'm surprised you don't prefer one of those things Jackie's been hawking. :P

Posted by: Screamingmimi | Dec 8, 2006 10:29:17 AM

That's what they're for! Jet and Jackie are working on a movie together and Jet knows that Jackie will give him 4,562 Segways that he can ride in his tunnels. Jet will start training secret underground Segway army and when we've all forgotten about them the nearby lake will split open (secret lake door!) and they'll pour out like locusts. Jet Li: Secret Segway Army.

Posted by: Grady Hendrix | Dec 8, 2006 10:47:24 AM

What a horrifying thought.

Mark, the Jetli.com webmaster, says that this story is bunk. No tunnels. No 'three connected buildings'.

Jet is back to being a normal guy. Confound it Jet Li! Then again, if he was making a secret Segway army would he tell anyone? Nooooo.

Posted by: Screamingmimi | Dec 9, 2006 10:27:30 AM

i want you to send me a picture of that house PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by: kaley | Jan 7, 2007 9:16:53 AM